You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Monday 14 January 2013

St Tropez Bronzing Mousse

I've always embraced my pale skin but for some reason over the past few weeks I've hated it. Self tanners and I haven't always gotten along. I find that they never turn out as dark as I would of hoped and I end up smelling of tan but still as pale as I was before and feeling deflated. I've tried almost every self tanner around from the high priced to the cheap and cheerful. I have yet to find one that I love, one did come close and that was Bare Essecutials Faux Tan, what turned me off that was the size of the bottle its tiny!





Anyway on to the item up for discussion today, St Tropez Bronzing Mousse. St Tropez was one of the very first self tanners that I ever tried. We're talking about years ago here. I loved it back then, but other more affordable options became available and I just never went back to it.  I was in my local pharmacy recently and spotted it was on sale (I know I am never out of that place!). The reduced price really was the main reason I bought it.


When I got home, I read the little bit of info on the side of the bottle and the word "aromaguard" stood out to me immediately :) We all know that horrible biscuit / curry smell well but suffered on in the hope of becoming a golden goddess :). So with the promise of aromaguard I wasted no time in tanning up.

So what do St Tropez say about it " Infused with conditioning aloe vera and long-lasting colour, our innovative Aromaguard™ fragrance technology eliminates the tell-tale self tan aroma by a minimum of 70% and instead gives a beautiful subtle, yet refreshing fragrance. Never orange, St Tropez Tan always gives a beautiful, golden colour."And what do I say? :) They aren’t lying, the smell although not gone completely (well they did say 70% gone :)) it's nowhere near as bad as it would be have been before. Normally the whole bedroom would smell in the morning, now there isn't even the smallest hint that there was a self tanner in the room.  Only someone who was up really close to you would even notice.  This is a huge selling point for me.


The application : I used a mitt and found that it went on easily and blended well. It seems to have evolved since I last used it, it doesn't have as much of a green tint to it as it did all those years ago, so it’s safe enough to go out after you have applied it. I used a moisturiser on my elbows and feet to stop that dreaded "tanning elbow" :).
 

The result. What they (St Tropez) say "Our best-selling product is perfect for anyone looking to get a natural-looking, streak-free golden tan that dries in an instant".  I couldn’t agree more.  That’s exactly the result I got. I recently asked my male friends on facebook what were major turn off's were where makeup was concerned and bless them they didn't seem to get the difference between makeup and fake tan :) but there was an outstanding response on fake tan. Majority of them hated a tan that looked orange and was too dark, they wanted a natural tan on their girls. So ladies if it's the men you are out to impress St Tropez is definitely something you should be looking into.


In the days that followed my application the tan wore off evenly and didn’t leave me with scaly looking skin like some tans tend to do. 


So all in all my experience with St Tropez Bronzing Mousse was a really pleasant one. The only real turn off for me where St Tropez is concerned is the price at around €45 euro a bottle it’s not very BOB* friendly especially if you like to self tan a lot.


I've noticed on their website that they do a St Tropez dark range. I don’t think I have seen this in the shops in Ireland. (anyone?) I'd deffo give it a go when I do. 

So what's your favourite self tanner?  Any good recommendations out there for me to try? 

 

Love 

Donna

XXX

 PS follow my blog and be updated via email when I add a new post.

* BOB Birds on a budget

** I was in no way sponsored for this post all items were bought with my own money and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment