You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Is drinking water good for the skin?



One of my gazillion New Year resolutions is to drink more water and less carbonated drinks.  Now I have to admit I find water sooo sooo boring, so for me it’s going to be really hard to drink the recommended 8 x 8oz glasses a day.
I have a water bottle that I bought at the end of last year and this holds 32oz, the thoughts of drinking two of them a day scares me. So for now I am easing myself in, if I can manage one of these 32oz bottles a day I’ll be doing really well because that’s 32oz more than I was managing before now. 



So what are the beauty benefits of drinking water I hear you say? Well I am no expert but after a little research these are the ones that stood out to me the most: 


  •  Clear Skin – Drinking water helps flush out toxins, meaning fewer breakouts.

  • Younger looking skin (ah ha my fav so far) – helps moisturise the skin from within, increasing the elasticity in the skin and making skin appear plumper.  Quick pass me the water! :)

  • Healthier Hair - Yep you heard me it even helps your hair, as your hair is made up of cells these will be replenished too. It apparently also helps your hair grow? 

  •  Natural weight loss - (We’ve all heard this one before but just to remind ourselves), Sometimes when we think we are hungry we might actually just be thirsty, drinking a glass of water before eating makes you feel fuller and you are therefore less likely to eat as much as you would have, so instead of going for that fat laden sugary snack ladies, have a glass of water first then decide on if you still need the snack. That should be an interesting test for me :).

  • Better makeup – Technically I am making this last one up, but stay with me I think I have a point. Your brain is made up of over 70% of water, by drinking more water you are increasing brain activity levels, making you more alert with better concentration, which means you will be more inspired and better skilled to get that beautiful makeup look..... That’s a win/ win situation, don’t you think?

The benefits of water are endless and if even only one of these happens for me it will be all good.  Like I said before I am no expert, these are just the ones that stood out for me the most and everyone is different too. How much you should drink really is a personal thing, so ask a doctor if you are unsure yourself.  Remember the 8 x 8oz rule also includes other places you can get water from i.e. Tea, coffee, fruit juice etc. 

Let me know if drinking water is on your New Year resolutions list?

Love
Donna
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know water helped with hair very interesting blog looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know blew me away when I found that out :) thanks a mill

      Delete
  2. I have one of those bottles from Victoria secret they are scary to finish but I love my water and feel it when I don't drink it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting:
      Glad it wasnt just me so I think they are huge and 2 a day!!! Goes to show you we (we'll me really) dont drink enough as we should.

      Delete