You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Thursday 10 January 2013

Cleansing routine/ Favorites Part 3

Now onto moisturiser. I have a love hate relationship with moisturiser and I don't go in for separate day time and night time moisturisers, just give me one that moisturises and I will be happy! 

I'm sure you have all seen at least once on the web the rave reviews that Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate has been getting . So it was a product I just had to have and I'll be honest it has lived up to my expectations. One downfall however it’s not too easy to get your mitts on. 



A friend of mine was in France last year so I got her to pick me up a tube, I think I paid about €20 for it. You can get it online in a few places, Amazon to name one. One place I like to shop is Camera Ready Cosmetics (a great website for any makeup artists looking for great quality products for your kit or if you are simply just a makeup lover!). They currently have it for €12.19 for 30ml plus shipping €6.86 to Ireland.  (Love when places deliver to Ireland)

It's a very light consistency and works fantastically well as a makeup primer too (for ladies with dry skin). I can see why this is a stable in a lot of makeup artists kits, it’s a real all rounder. You can even use this as a makeup remover (I've yet to give this a go). And it's great for sensitive skins too.

Not everyone can get to France or like to shop online.  An easy to find alternative to this and what I was using beforehand and loved is Oilatum Face Repair cream which is available in most pharmacies and only costs between €10-12.

I don't use face masks, I don't particularly like them it think its more the hassle of them that turns me off.  I know loads of people who think they are relaxing an love doing them, me I would be stressing out knowing I had to go back to the bathroom to wash it off and the feeling of them drying and making my face feel tight, afraid to talk (and anyone who knows me knows I love to talk!) .  No thanks. But I am open to any recommendations.

I do use a scrub but only every now and again so I don't have one that I am using at the min. (I know not good enough, but give a girl a break, I've only just stopped using wipes). I am however hoping to purchase some Liz Earle Cleansing Polish soon so that will be that box ticked. (I'm hoping that it's still available to purchase in-flight as I am going on a little trip later this month).

So that's it the current routine well more what I am using right now.

What are your favourite cleansing products?

Love

Donna
XX

2 comments:

  1. I love Johnson's products for cleansing. Basic, but very effective.

    I use the oil based makeup remover for light makeup removing and their baby oil for tough eye makeup (gel eyeliner and the like). It takes makeup off without any pressure, just a gentle wipe with it on a cotton pad is more than enough to get off any stubborn makeup (and it keeps my lashes really soft)!

    I then rinse with water and exfoliate(I exfoliate once a day using Neutrogena's pink grapefruit scrub) and use Johnson's daily moisturiser. Been using it for about 3 years, and any time I switch, I immediately regret it (especially with Clinique's Moisture Surge, woke up one morning after using it with a completely swollen face! Couldn't open my eyes they were so swollen!)

    Primer-wise I use Benefit's the POREfessional which makes my makeup go on silky smooth.

    I'd love to try Oilatum moisturiser, have heard alot about it but have yet to find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I love reading other people's favourite items. I must give baby oil a try! I've gotten Oilatum in Boots in Liffey Valley in Dublin and Hickeys Pharmacy. I've seen it in other pharmacies too. Where are you based?

      Delete