You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Inglot eyeshadows review + swatches

I couldn't tell you how many times I have walked by the Inglot store in Liffey Valley (Dublin) and thought "I must have a look at their stuff "and never gone in.  Big mistake!!!

I'm gonna tell ye from the off.... I am in love with their eye shadows.  Very pigmented and so creamy some of the most bendable eye shadows I have used.

Not really knowing the brand, when I was asked if i needed help I said yes straight away.  I was looked after by the lovely Enisa who was so so helpful,  I hate when you are at a counter and the staff are snooty and forceful. This girl really knew her stuff and was none of the above. 

The first palette I got was really a neutral/bridal palette for the kit. All matte colours with one or two exceptions.

Top Row : 351 matte, 393 pearl, 361 matte, 344 matte, 325 matte
Bottom Row: 391 matte, 376 matte, 327 matte, 402 pearl, 360 Matte



Swatches:


I have to tell you that colour 361 (the peach colour) was the dark horse, I personally wouldn't have picked this colour myself but I went with Enisa's advice and I am delighted that I did. This colour can completely change an eye look from cool toned to warm toned, I love it!!

With my 2nd palette I wanted to be a bit more adventurous but not too much as this was also a palette that was going in my kit.

Top Row: 328 matte, 07 shine, 15 shine, 335 matte, 43 shine.
Bottom Row: 450 pearl, 445 pearl,433 pearl,44 shine, 21 shine.



Swatches:


Theses photo's don't really do this palette justice there are a few mac dupes in this one I chose the colours in this palette myself.  433 and 44 are deffo dupes for Mac's sumptuous olive and Humid.  The first colour in this palette 328 also reminds me of Mac's Brulee eyeshadow.

I am blown away by the pigmentation and quality of these palettes for €55.  You get so much product for your money too compared to some other brands for just as high quality.  And they look so professional too.  I like the magnetised lid, but I'd say you need to be careful when taking it on and off. 

I have been using these eye shadows all over the Christmas without primer and they really last on my eyes.

If you are looking for eye shadows but cant quite afford or justify mac prices then these are the eye shadow's for you.

I'll deffo be purchasing more of these pallets.

what are your thoughts on these palettes? or do you have any recommendations for me?

Let me know your thoughts


Donna

XX




No comments:

Post a Comment