You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Tuesday 8 January 2013

My Current Cleansing Routine - Philosophy Purity Cleanser

The basis for good makeup is good skin, something we all strive to achieve. Getting it isn't as simple as it seems. I will be the first to admit that I have been somewhat lazy of late and at times only use face cleansing wipes or baby wipes to cleanse my skin. And while face wipes are dead handy and better than using nothing at all, they don't give your skin the cleansing it needs. I read recently on another blog (JaynesKitschen.co.uk) some skincare advice that will stick with me for life (please God!), in a blog totally unrelated to skincare, might I add :). You can read Jayne's blog post on blogging tips (part of a series) here. Make sure to read to the end the skincare tip from Caroline Hirons is a cracker!

Anyway on to what I am currently using and loving at the moment. (I'll do a mini blog post on each item, because one post was far too long :))


First up - Philosophy Purity Cleanser


When I shower I normally do so at night (those extra few minutes in bed in the morning mean too much to me). This means I normally have a full face of slap on me. So for cleansing my face in the shower I am currently using Philosophy's Purity Cleanser.

It's a 3 in 1 cleanser for face and eyes. I've somewhat sensitive eyes but I find it very gentle on them and removes all eye makeup, even Inglots gel eyeliner which can be a hefty task.  It doesn't get foamy or lather up, so that's something that might be off-putting (I don't normally like the types that don't lather! I feel like they are aren't up to the job if they don't lather :)) however I really really like this one.

It has a kind of "visit to the spa" scent about it, if that makes any sense, a real beauty salon smell. It does leave your face with that “tight after soap” feel, which some people hate, but I don’t mind that too much cos I know I will be moisturising afterwards anyway. 

This has really made a difference to my skin it feels less bumpy and I haven't had any breakouts yet (something I am prone to at that time of the month). I bought this in Boots in the sale its only a weeny bottle, but when this runs out I will deffo be purchasing the larger bottle which retails for about €19.

Unfortunately Philosophy don't deliver to Ireland but you can get your hands on the Philosophy range in Boots.
Love
Donna
XXX





No comments:

Post a Comment