You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Monday 19 June 2017

Fitness Friday

Hey Lovelies,

Soooooooo.......This week has been a total write off where exercise is concerned. With a 3 year old who refuses to sleep for more than 3 hours and a baby who's not been herself the energy levels have been so low.

I recently had a scope done as I was suffering from pains and discomfort in my stomach, which was worse when my stomach was empty. I thought I might have had a stomach ulcer. Turns out I have Helicobacter, which is a little bacteria which burrows holes into the lining of your stomach, this then allows the acid in your stomach to attack the lining of your stomach and left untreated can cause ulcers. I was lucky mine hadn't done any severe damage yet. So I have 6 weeks of treatment to cure this. And when my stomach is empty it affects me more. So I've been over eating a lot of late. But the past week my eating has improved. I've been keeping a food diary and keeping track of what I'm eating and seeing it in black and white has helped so much.

I'm trying to change my lifestyle and not go on a diet. Making better food choices and getting out and exercising more.

My typical day food diary looks  like this: (keep in mind I'm up most days at 5.30-6 am so I tend to have 2 breakfasts to keep me going. I'm trying to have 5 small meals a day this seems to help my stomach a lot I think because I don't ever get over hungry.

Breakfast:

7am ish:Berries with Low fat Vanilla Yogurt and a small amount of Aldi Almond and Raisin granola.

10am: Fitzgeralds Slim Bagel Toasted with a boiled Egg and a cup of tea

Lunch:

Ham and cheese salad with, Tomato, cucumber, peppers, pickles and some salad cream.

Dinner:

Baby potatoes, Veg and Salmon.

I will then have a cup of tea in the evening with a couple of squares of dark chocolate once the kids are in bed.

I've cut out the rubbish 95% of the time. And the above is a typical day for me. My downfall are weekends. I really need to improve on that.

One thing I done this week was take my before pics, that gave me some motivation to get my ass in gear.

I think the main thing is that you keep going, don't make bad food choices into a bad day then into a bad week. Just draw a line under that bag of crisps that you 'had' to have and leave it at that.

I've been loving Ursulawalsh.com and thenakenblondie for dinner and snack ideas.

Anyone else you guys would recommend for good recipes?

Hopefully next week I can improve on my exercing 

Lots of love

Donna 

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment