You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Review - Skin Nerd cleanse off mitt

Having 2 small kids my skin care routine is crap! absolutely non existent some nights. And you can really tell too. Underneath my safety net of makeup my skin is dull and patchy. I've been using baby wipes mostly for the past few years. Which although aren't the worst thing I could use but lets face it they aren't great for your skin.

I need to start looking after my skin again but that's a whole different post. Back to the review. So it's really weird washing your face without a product, really weird and I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with it if I'm honest. Isn't it gas how warped our brains are. Now you can use a cleanser with the cloth if you chose but its designed so that a cleanser is not necessary.




The Cleanse off Mitt was created by skin therapist Jennifer Rock AKA The Skin Nerd. Its a microfiber cloth with tiny little loops which hook onto makeup and oil on the skin. Its free from any chemicals or irritants to the skin so makes it a great alternative for anyone with sensitive skin.

You literally wet the cloth and wipe your face clean. And ladies it removes full coverage foundation. It has a life span of approx. 3-6 months so you will save yourself a fortune on wipes as this one is only €5, I got mine in Meaghers Pharmacy you can purchase it Here. You wash it afterwards with a bacterial soap and there is a little hook on the side you can hang it up to dry. You can also throw it in the washing machine inside out of course, to protect the little hooks.

I did find that I had a bit of a panda eye in the morning but what ever I use I always seem to end up that way in the morning so it was no different to any other product I use anyway.

And why is it different to a normal face cloth I hear you say? Its the loops / hooks, a normal facecloth doesn't have these so doesn't cleanse the skin as well. Face Cloths are also made from a denser fabric so therefore harbour more bacteria too. I think I may replace all the face cloths in the house with this mitt.

I think this will be great to take away on holiday, lighter option for me too as I will have a case packed with wipes and nappies as it is anyway.

So I'd definitely recommend buying it and giving it a go. And it's Irish! And its Eco friendly too.


Lots of Love

Donna.

XX

PS any tips on getting my face in better nick drop me a line





No comments:

Post a Comment