You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Friday 7 July 2017

Fitness Friday - Quick and easy at home workout

Let me start off by saying 1. I hate the gym and 2. even if I did like the gym with 2 kids and working full time its very hard to get any time to get to a gym.

I need to get into shape. I've spent most of my 20's and all of my 30's hating how my body looks. And I'm all about loving the body you have but I don't. And I also want to set a healthy example to my two young girls. I want them to grow up with good eating habits and exercise without feeling like its a chore....like I do ha ha ha

I need something which can be done quickly but help burn fat. This is a plan that was put together for me by my husband who knows a bit more about fitness than me :)

I don't have any weights at home so I improvised and used 2 x 1.75ltr bottles of water :)

15 x  Lunges with weights
15 x Hip thrusters with weights
Plank x 15 seconds (I know I'm weak :))
15 x press-ups (on my knees for now)
15 x flies
15 x dips
15x squats
15 x bicep curls
15 x shoulder raises

I done this x 2, and done it every second day. And remember to do each exercise slowly with a controlled movement. This is really important. The day after my first workout I could barely walk. I am soooo unfit.

Next week I am going to up everything x 5 reps.

Also always remember to stretch before and after your workout to avoid injuries. This is a really important step! There are some stretches I found really helpful.



Hopefully I can bring in some couch to 5k to this eventually too. Or maybe even a body coach HIIT workout. They are on you tube so handy.

Lots of Love

Donna
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment