You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Monday 11 February 2013

Le Chat - Dare to Wear Nail Polish and Perfect Match VU polish

As a nail technician I want to give my clients a long lasting vibrant manicure. So to achieve this I use Le Chat Dare to Wear Nail Lacquers and Perfect Match UV polish. These polishes are DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde free. Like all top brands they release  a new collection regularly, the latest collection to hit the shelves is the Vintage Hollywood collection you can see it here. The Nail Lacquers come in a huge array of shades.

I recently volunteered my services at the "Thank You Mom" campaign in Dublin and Dare to Wear was the brand I used on the day (with thanks to Suzanne from ASU). One of my favourite combo's is Cherry Cosmo topped off with On The Red Carpet for a glittery elegant finish. (Pictured below, although the photo doesn’t do it justice).

I recommend you use a base coat, two coats of the colour of your choice topped off with a top coat. The base coat will protect your nails from discolouration while giving the colour something to cling onto this in combination with a top coat will give you a longer lasting manicure.




Pictured here are from left to right front row: On the red Carpet, Hologram Diamonds,Red Ruby Rules
Starstruck and Ready for My Close Up.

Being a nail tech my nails always need to look fantastic as they are, in essence my business card. When performing a nail treatment on clients I use a lot of products that would potentially remove nail polish, so I always wear UV polish on my own nails as the UV polish can only be removed with acetone, so its a nail techs best friend!  

The current look I am wearing is Marilyn Merlot with La Rosa Romantica on my ring finger and thumb. A great combo, especially in this dreary weather. Marilyn Merlot is a great shade, very classic and will go with almost every outfit.



Perfect Match for me is the best brand I have used for UV polish. There is a shade available for everyone, from bold and bright, glitz and glam to classic and simple. Most of my clients get up to 2-3 weeks from their UV manicure depending on the colour. With the dark colours you only tend to get 2 weeks from as the re-growth can be quiet noticeable,were as with the French or natural shades the re growth isn’t as noticeable. 

 There is a huge selection of colours to choose from and at ASU there are great bundle deals available.The one I love is the 6 kit deal for €125 for 6 colours and your base coat and top coat as extra. They also run deals when new ranges are released. Each Perfect match UV polish comes with a matching nail lacquer to add to your collection.

You can purchase Dare to Wear Nail Lacquers from ASU Nail and Beauty Supplies in Swords or visit their website ASU.

Manicures last for different lengths of time on each person, all depending on what you do with your hands.
What I always tell my clients is“treat your nails as jewels not tools” and you’re sure to get longer from your polish.


What are your top nail polishes?

Donna
XXX
PS I have not been sponsored to write this post all opinions are my own.


 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment