You can contact me via email

Lipglossandslippers@gmail.com

Friday 22 November 2013

Eyelash Extensions - The Low Down

As you know I have been doing a lot of eyelash extensions of late. It's something I really enjoy doing. I love wearing eyelash extensions myself so I decided to train and learn how to do them myself.

Eyelash extensions are individual lashes (I use synthetic mink) which are thicker and longer than your own natural lash. They are applied to almost all your own lashes to create a more dramatic yet natural look.

The process:
Applying an extension to each individual lash is time consuming and can take from between 1hr 30mins to 2hrs 30mins. It all depends on your own lashes really. You are lying on a beauty couch with a fluffy blanket with your eyes closed for the entire time. I will have music playing in the background, some clients chat away some clients like to have a snooze, either way its a very relaxing experience. I apply under eye treatment pads for the process so not only are your eyelashes getting a pampering your under eyes are getting a brightening anti ageing treatment.

There are 3 types of curls to choose from, natural, semi natural or dramatic.  Majority of my clients will choose semi natural or the dramatic look. The dramatic look isn't too dramatic but looks great for parties yet still remaining natural looking.

Eyelash extensions normally last for aprox 3-4 weeks before they will need to be refilled or removed. I wear mind normally for 3-4 months at a time. I like to give my lashes a break in between. There isn't really a need to give them a break I just like to (esp so I can give me eyes a good aul rub)

You will need to either let the lashes fall out naturally or have them removed, NEVER EVER pull them off yourself as you will pull out our own natural lash with it. Leaving you with bald patches which is never an attractive look.

I've included a few of my before and after pics below so you can see how the change the look of your lashes.



Check out my Facebook page for my contact details and to see more of my work. I am based in Dublin and you will need to come to me for the extensions. I have a no children policy you will need to keep your eyes closed for the entire process and kids can be a major distraction, I need you to be as relaxed as possible and enjoying the experience. I only use synthetic lashes as I couldn't be 100% certain with the real mink fur lashes that the minks weren't killed afterwards.

Any questions leave them below

Love

Donna
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment